Make your own free website on Tripod.com

Mercury

Voyages to Mercury

Home | Voyages to Mercury | Moons and Rings | Compostion of Mercury | Further Questions | About Us | Links

The first american spacecraft mission to Mercury was in 1974-1975 by Mariner 10. The spacecraft flew by the planet and sent pictures back to Earth. Mariner 10 photographed only 45% of Mercury's surface, so scientist don't know what the other 55% percent looks like. What they do know is that Mercury has a lot of craters and cliffs as high as 3 km on its surface.